If you pick up your race packet Friday, you will need to bring your race bib with you Saturday, pinned to the outside layer of your clothing! We will have pins available!
Event Timeline: Saturday, October 21
Day-of Registration/Packet Pick-Up
Opening Prayer and Announcements
Kids (Ages 5-12) 1-Mile Fun Run
• Registration is open until 8:15AM on October 21. Day-Of Registration is an additional $5 per event.
• Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your event start time. Our Opening Prayer and Welcome Announcements will begin at 8:20AM if you are doing the 5K and would like to be present for that.
• The awards will start promptly at 10:30AM, even if there are still people on the course.
Medals will be awarded for the following categories:
Overall Male/Female Kids (Ages 5-12) 1-Mile Fun RunWinner, ribbons for all participants.
Overall Male/Female Finishers for 5K and 10K.
Overall Dog Winner for 5K and 10K.
5K and 10K Run Overall Male/Female finishers in the following categories:10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Costumes are not required, but encouraged.
There will be awards for the following costume contest categories:
• Best Costumes - Family/Group
• Best Costume - Dog
• Best Costume - Adult
• Best Costume - Youth
The judges for the costume contest are:
• Mrs. Lynne Strutzel, St. Bede School Co-Principal
Dr. Lynne Saccaro, St. Bede School Co-Principal
• Anna Ikusz, St. Bede School Student Council President
Our judges will be under the pavilion at the judges table with name tags on, so make sure they get a glimpse of you!
The t-shirts will be in the race packets, so if you received one, you can also choose to wear that!
To ensure that there is enough parking, we recommend parking at the school/church and carpooling to Grant Woods!
The address of Grant Woods Forest Preserve is 25405 W. Monaville Road, Ingleside. There will be directional banners at the entrance, which is on Monaville, between Fairfield and 59. Our event is taking place at the pavilion, which is closest to the last parking lot.
When you enter off Monaville, there are 2 bathrooms located off the first parking lot. There are an additional 2 bathrooms at the pavilion. Please take this into consideration before arriving! There are not any bathrooms on the 1-Mile or 5K course, except at the start and finish. There are additional bathrooms off the 10K course between miles 4 and 5.
Printed preliminary results will be continually posted at the pavilion as they become available. All participants that provided a valid e-mail address will receive their results via e-mail. Final Results will be posted within 4 hours of race completion at Chicago Athlete, CARA, and Race Time. Full results will also be available on this site by the Monday after the race.
The Halloween Hustle will take place, rain or shine! Refunds will not available, as all expenses are paid up front and all facilities and vendors are booked without rain dates.
• All participants must stay on the right-hand side of the trail. People may be passing you or coming from the opposite direction.
• Our starting line will begin with all of the competitive runners, followed by joggers, followed by walkers and people with strollers. The time will begin with a shot gun start.
• If you do not plan on walking/running the entire course, are injured, etc., please do not enter the chute at the finish line. This will cause discrepancies in the results and awards.
• Please make sure to keep the trail free of garbage, cups, bottles, pet waste, etc. Garbages will be located throughout the course. It is our intention to continue to make this a yearly event, so we want to make sure we will be welcomed back year after year!
• During the walk/run, if you have questions or concerns at any point, please reach out to a volunteer in a reflective vest. We will have volunteers at water stations, course marshals directing traffic flow, and volunteers on carts monitoring the course. Should you encounter a serious medical emergency, please dial 911 first.
• Please make sure to note our sponsor signs, which are located along the course, and promote and support them when you can!